craft and co.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Craft Fair and Rice Souffle

As I was at a fair this week-end I had to take care of the lunch for the family. Usually there are two menu that is easy to make, the kids love it and easy to serve. They are:
A. potato boid egg dish with sour creme
B. rice souffle
I have chosen the second one this time:


És a recept:
17.5 oz. rice
8 cups soy milk or regular milk
2 2/3 cups water
grated lemon peel
some sugar
2 tbsp. flour
3.5 oz. butter
8 eggs

I bring the water, milk and rice with some grated lemon peel to boil. (DO NOT blog at this point, otherwise it will spill out!). When the rice is almost done, I put a lid on and remove from the gas, until it cools down. This time I add flour, egg yolks, sugar and butter. I beat egg whites until stiff and mix it in with the rice. I filll int in a greased pan andbake it on 340F for 30 min. If the top gets red too fast I usually put a piece of white paper on top.
It tastes the best with some apricot jam (that is why I use very little sugar!)!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home